Lose Weight by Taking a Break From Your Diet
If you’re trying to lose weight, you’ll find that the most effective diets strike a healthy balance between discipline and flexibility. Dr. Weng shares with his clients that, it’s okay to take a break from your diet sometimes.
These are some of the benefits of giving yourself a little time off and smart ways to indulge while on your weight loss journey. Benefits of Being Flexible About Your Diet
- Boost your metabolism. A diet that is excessively low in calories actually slows down your metabolism so you eventually need to eat less just to maintain the same weight. Providing your body with the fuel it needs will keep you in prime condition.
- Strengthen your willpower. Restricting yourself to a grapefruit for breakfast every day is bound to make you crave French toast with extra maple syrup. Reward yourself once in a while so you’ll be less vulnerable to temptation.
- Demystify forbidden foods. As long as you get most of your calories from fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains, you can probably make room on your plate for a sensible serving of whatever you crave most. Split a brownie with a friend or eat a small bag of chips.
Smart Ways to be Flexible
- Take a long term perspective. Focus on eating healthy over the course of your life rather than cutting back each year just before swimsuit season. Eating balanced meals and snacks most days will keep you trim.
- Identify your greatest challenges. Analyze where your diet gets put to the test. Maybe you celebrate the holidays with multi-course feasts or spend evenings snacking while watching TV. Slimming down a few favorite recipes or sipping tea may give you as much pleasure.
- Burn extra calories. Of course, exercise is the other side of the weight loss equation. If you eat an extra helping of dessert, add another 10 minutes to your daily workout. Engage in regular strength training like lifting weights so you’ll build up muscle mass that burns more calories even when you’re at rest.
You can reach your ideal weight without giving up cheesecake forever. Allowing yourself a little wiggle room is the key to developing a healthy eating plan that you can stick with for life.
To Fast Tract your weight loss journey, call or text our office for information on Dr. Weng’s Weight Loss Made Easy Semaglutide Program.
Office: 443- 315-2806
Text: Use the “Ask” feature on the website to send a text.